Tuesday, March 15

On the Road Again....

I went to Grande Prairie this weekend to visit friends and "adopted" family that I have been missing lately. It was wonderful to see pictures and hear stories about the mission trips from last summer...I wish I could have heard it all sooner!

The only thing I would change is my mode of transportation...don't get me wrong, I love my car! But it doesn't have cruise control, we'll be fixing that soon enough, I think.

Other than that, loved the weekend, glad I did it, and I only exceeded my weekly Tim Horton's Iced Cappuccino allowance by 2! (one per day) I felt that I controlled myself quite nicely.

Can't wait for this summer's Vancouver Island trip!

1 Comments:

At 10:55 a.m., Blogger J Man said...

My favorite road trip in recent memory was when I took a trip from Edmonton to Vancouver Island. I took the Greyhound - yes, the dreaded bus!! To make the trip interesting, and the time go by a bit quicker (it's a 24hr bus ride), I sat beside the most intersting guy I could find. Picture Hippy. Oh, it was great! We spent the time talking about life, work, fun, family... At every stop ppl would ask me if I was getting tired of listening to this guy - he was quite talkative - but, I've got to say, it was great. He got off in Abbotsford, so I slept the rest of the way.

The way home wasn't as full, so I had a seat to myself for most of the trip - sleep is sometimes the only thing to do when the movie doesn't work... As much as I dislike the Hound, if I'm traveling by myself, it's still a better way to go.

But, this summer, we've got company!! Oh, it's going to be a sweet trip out to the Island!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home