Wednesday, May 4

Oil and Gas Rock!

I am currently down at SAIT in Calgary getting some training for my summer job. We are staying in residence, which is pretty sweet actually, we have our own bedrooms and I share a cable TV with two other girls. Our breakfast and supper each day are catered, with white tablecloths, heavy cutlery, and people who clean up after us, and for lunch we get a $12 voucher for the local food court.

On top of all of this, I am being paid to be here! This training, although a little boring and the fact that it doesn't end until Saturday at 5 (work starts Monday morning at 7am), is good for a few years, which will help with future jobs too!

So, really, I could complain about the time and how boring it is, but I won't. This is the best fringe benefit job I've ever had, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts (meaning I'm going to keep buying extra gum and junk food to expend my $12 voucher and console myself)

2 Comments:

At 10:46 p.m., Blogger Michelle said...

Cool! Enjoy your time there, and your job too! Eat some 5-cent candies for me, ok?

 
At 11:08 a.m., Blogger J Man said...

Ah yes, working for the Man... Oh how I miss that sometimes! I remember back in the days when I faught fire, I'd look over to my buddy on the beach volleyball court and say, "Hey Tyler, can you believe we're getting paid $20/hr to play volleyball?!" And then we'd giggle our asses off like little girls. Of course, we had to play in cover-alls and steal-toed boots, but, like you Jenn, we really couldn't complain.

Enjoy that cushy job, and think of me as I'm slaving away, hitting the pavement all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home